"The activo-med water treadmill is ideal for horse in need of rehabilitating as well as those needing to increase fitness."
It allows for controlled/ non-concussive supervised exercise that still works extensively on the cardiovascular system whilst continuing to work on building and repairing strong tendons/ligaments and increasing muscle tone. I will add more information to this page in the short future.
“New research results suggest adding an underwater treadmill to your horse’s fitness regime might help relieve back pain and increase range of motion.” The study, “Biomechanical responses of the back of riding horses to water treadmill exercise,” - The Veterinary Journal.
- Controlled, supervised exercise for rehabilitation and aerobic activity.
- Aqua walk and trot training can increase cardiovascular activity, stride length, muscle tone and strength.
- Available as combined spa system with salt-water, spa jets and chiller unit option.
- Fully transparent doors and sides now available as well as overhead viewing and operating platform.
- The front sides of the treadmill are lower allowing the horse to move in a natural outline in a non-concussive environment yet working legs to build strong tendons and ligaments.
- Easy walk in, walk out. Can be installed on the ground or below ground level to eliminate the need for ramps.
- Rapid filling and emptying.
- Customised filtration systems.
- Professionally built to last using high grade stainless steel construction.
- Full UK servicing and backup plus support from FEI vet who has worked with water treadmills for nearly 20 years.
- Less space required than a swimming pool and maintenance is easy, economic and more ecological.